Tape 3-A: AT THE MOVIES

DON'T TELL ME YOU CAN'T HEAR IT.
DUN DA-DUN DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DUN DA-DERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Soundtracks have been with me for a LONG time, and probably you as well. I bet most people have powerful soundtrack memories that predate any drug shit, any breakup shit, any of that... I can still remember the goosebumps I got the very first time I heard the Indiana Jones theme - I was 9 years old seeing Temple of Doom in the cinema but the very next day I went and rented Raiders JUST SO I COULD HEAR THAT THEME AGAIN

I could fill tapes upon tapes of soundtrack mixes, I really could. There will definitely be more volumes of "AT THE MOVIES"... this one ended up turning into a bit of a Tangerine Dream-fest which is no bad thing at all... the Dream sound FANTASTIC crunched up onto tape, its sort of like all that coldwave/synthwave shit, but made with real synths and in tune.

Essentially this mix is the soundtrack to THIEF with a few other bits thrown in
Themed mixes are often more notable for their exclusions than what actually made it in, but what really begs attention in this case is the scarcity of vinyl versions of soundtracks for movies made post-1992! Seriously, there were some things I was DYING to stick on this mix but couldn't unless I got some dubplates made up (see the rules)... for example:

Not on vinyl. Somebody bootleg this shit!
Needs a YOUNG MARCO edit!!!

Seriously, there is some moolah to be made - those guys Death Waltz know this and are doing GREAT THINGS... hopefully they will reach beyond the John Carpenter / Italo Horror vibes. Do you know that you can't get the Vangelis Blade Runner soundtrack on vinyl except for a fucking well rare Brazil-only promo??? I mean it's only the fucking greatest musical effort by anybody ever in the world... I'm gonna boot it myself dammit but I tell ya if Death Waltz put it out and did a nice job like they've done with everything else they would be MILLIONAIRES and also have the most respect completely.

PLEASE SOMEBODY PUT THE VANGELIS BLADE RUNNER SOUNDTRACK OUT ON VINYL PLEEEAAASSSSSSEEEEE



RUF TAPE DOWNLOAD ARCHIVE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read.
    http://www.letmewatchthismoviedownloads.com

    ReplyDelete